UPC is a district wide parent group that has looked out for the interests of students in the Paradise Valley Unified School District for over 25 years. It uses school reps, monthly meetings, a newsletter, and an e-bulletin to help parents stay informed.
Our accomplishments include:
· Helping to bring extra-curricular sports programs back to the middle schools
· Providing resources for parents of special education students
· Speaking up for guidelines on classroom movie viewing
· Ensuring parents are represented on district committees
· Offering ombudsman help in dealing with school policies
· Presenting candidate forums that feature governing board candidates.
UPC encourages parents to keep up with happenings that impact students, and invites them to plug into our parent network and resources.
To sign up for the UPC e-bulletin, please click here
Except where noted, general meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month from August through May in the District Administration Center East/West Conference Rooms on the grounds of the PVUSD complex at 15002 North 32nd Street. Visitors are always welcome. The meeting consists of two parts. A business segment covers updates from the Superintendent and committees, announcements, and other discussion. The program portion is an opportunity to hear speakers or presentations on topics of interest to parents.